Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
King County Dept of Natural Resources and Parks
Wastewater Engineer, Senior (Instrumentation & Control/Control System Eng)
Seattle, WA 98104 United States
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
WHERE TO APPLY: Go to http://bit.ly/13iVddR
PLEASE NOTE: Application materials must be completed by 4:30 p.m. on 01/30/2013 to be considered.
FORMS AND MATERIALS REQUIRED:
Application and supplemental questions available at http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs
WORK LOCATION: King Street Center, 201 S. Jackson Street, Seattle, Washington.
WORK SCHEDULE: This full time position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not eligible for overtime. The normal workweek is Monday – Friday.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
This position will provide technical, professional engineering design, construction support and administrative services including preparing drawings and specifications, assistance in implementing and administering Wastewater construction contracts and evaluation of contractors' work and administering feasibility studies and special studies predominately for capital improvements, asset management, and assigned instrumentation and controls projects.
Provide technical expertise in the evaluation and analysis of complex and sensitive design and construction engineering issues. Manage the resolution of design, implementation and coordination issues through all phases of projects from alternatives analysis to design, construction, testing and commissioning, through facility operation, upgrades, expansions, retrofits and improvements.
1. On assigned projects, develop detailed designs and construction contract documents that meet the design requirements, standards, goals and objectives of WTD. Ensure designs meet operational and Technical Standards Committee (TSC) Standards requirements. Coordinate the design or review efforts of all assigned engineering and design staff, providing a single point of contact with the assigned project manager. Translate operational and maintenance requirements into terms the multi-disciplinary project team will understand. Seal engineering plans and specifications as a Registered Professional Engineer.
2. Perform or direct the technical quality assurance/quality control review of drawings, specifications, contract documents, design and shop drawing submittals prepared by assigned staff, consultants and/or contractors to ensure completeness, accuracy, content and constructability of fully coordinated project designs that meet the design requirements, standards, goals and objectives of WTD. Coordinate operational review of engineering and construction documents to ensure operational and TSC Standards requirements are met.
3. Support and/or provide process control systems application software development, configuration, testing, commissioning, operator training and final documentation.
4. Plan, organize and execute assigned work; monitor work progress against assigned task schedules, and resolve associated problems. Estimate labor needs and schedules to meet completion dates for assigned work. Manage the resolution of design and coordination issues through all phases of projects from alternatives analysis through facility start up. Evaluate the progress of projects and results, and develop or initiate changes to achieve overall project objectives.
5. Assist the I&C Engineering Lead in the development, inter-disciplinary coordination, implementation and maintenance of Standards, Policies and Procedures for the I&C workgroup. Assist the I&C Engineering Lead in updating of monthly staffing models for current, future and projected operating and capital projects and programs for assigned staff and work program(s). Support WTD’s succession planning by providing direction, guidance, coaching and mentoring WTD staff.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
* A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to process automation control systems work is required.
* Eight years of engineering experience commensurate with a P.E. registration which indicates that the incumbent is competent to practice engineering. Experience must include and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of control system engineering, selection and application of process instrumentation and controls, mathematics, physical and engineering sciences and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design.
* Experience in the design, configuration, testing, commissioning, operator training and final documentation of:
1. Programmable logic controllers (PLC).
2. Operator interface units (OI).
3. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA).
4. SCADA communications (leased line and radio).
5. Industrial process control and fieldbus networks
* Registration as a professional engineer in the state of Washington or the conversion of an out-of-state state license within 90 days from date of hire is mandatory.
* Analytical skills to evaluate alternative design proposals.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing and be able to relate technical information to a wide variety of audiences such as consultants, contractors, vendors, and project team members.
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and experience working on collaborative, multi-disciplinary project teams.
* Experience with the management of complex wastewater treatment and/or conveyance or storage, and water reuse related capital projects involving rigorous permitting and public involvement.
* Experience leading meetings and presentations and demonstrated proficiency in communicating complex technical subjects to design team members, general public and government officials.
* Experience with the Emerson Ovation distributed control system.
* Knowledge of municipal wastewater treatment plant, pump station, combined sewer overflow and other WTD offsite facility processes.
* Design and integration of other facility monitoring and/or control systems with process control systems
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants meeting qualifications will be screened based upon the clarity, completeness, content, grammar and punctuation of their application materials. Selection process may also include written and/or computer exams, panel interview, references and final interviews.
Terms & Conditions